Peterborough City Council's Day Service
The Peterborough City Council’s day service offers a safe and friendly environment for older people who might be finding it difficult to get out and about, and need a bit of help and support.
Coming to the day service can help you to stay independent, keep well, and remain living in your own home for as long as possible. It offers a chance to enjoy some friendship while being well cared for. Attending the day service can also provide a much needed break for carers who live at home, and help to reduce and prevent falls.
The Peterborough day service is based at the Cresset, Bretton Centre - but is also provided at the Mellows Close (Eastfield) sheltered scheme and Copeland (Bretton) sheltered scheme. Door to door transport with carers is provided as standard.
The service is provided in safe, relaxed and comfortable surroundings by well trained staff. The day service is well equipped to help you if you find it difficult to get around and need support with your personal care needs. This will be undertaken with respect and sensitivity. The service is able to support people who suffer from dementia or other life-limiting illnesses.
More information can be found within the 'Older People's Day Service leaflet' on this page.
The Peterborough Wellbeing Service
The Peterborough Wellbeing Service is run by Peterborough Council for Voluntary Services (PCVS). They are able to point people in the right direction for a range of services and supplies including:
- Short term support if someone is poorly
- Support after leaving hospital
- Replacement radiators, energy advice
- Handyperson support
- Support for people who have experienced a recent death of a loved one
- Support for people who have brain injuries and strokes
- Support for people with physical disabilities and their carers including access to sports facilities
- Support for people with poor hearing and/or eyesight
- Support for people with mental health issues
- Nutrition and exercise classes
- Volunteer opportunities
- Befriending and social interaction through community groups, sitting service
- Support for carers and their families
- Safety, security and access to your home
- Managing finances
- Cleaning and gardening
Some services are available free, but some services may be charged for.
For more information call Jan on 01733 342683.