Most children and young people (up to the age of 25) with SEND will have their support provided through services listed in the Local Offer. These services are provided by many local organisations, which include education, health and social care services.
You can use the Local Offer to find:
- local schools and nurseries and read about the support they offer
- groups and clubs
- health services
- social care services
Information and guidance about services available to families with children who have special educational needs and disabilities can be found on the this site which publishes in one place information and advice and a database of organisations who provide local services.
Disability and special needs register
By registering your child, you will be made aware of specific support and leisure activities available in your local area. Link here.
The register also helps us to ensure parents have the most up to date information and to help plan future services.
The register is completely voluntary and confidential of all children and young people aged 0 to 19 whose parents or carers have notified us of a disability or additional need that impacts on their day to day life.
This information is then used to determine where funding could be best used for optimum benefits.
Benefits of registering
- your child’s needs can be considered when decisions are made about where funds are used
- you will be kept informed about support, activities or services
Please download and complete the registration form available to the right and return it to the address given on the form.
- parent/carers name and address
- daytime telephone number
- child’s name and date of birth
- child’s school or nursery
- any medical diagnosis information
- details on most significant needs.