Employing a Personal Assistant
A personal assistant (PA) can be employed if you need care and support to enable you to live as independently as possible at home. Personal assistants can provide help with your care and support needs for many duties, including:
- getting out and about
- meeting people, socialising and leisure activities
- personal care, washing and bathing
- cooking and preparing food
- getting in and out of bed and chairs
- taking medication
- getting to and using the toilet
- assisting with banking, paying bills and collecting pensions or benefits
Personal assistants are usually employed by people who:
- are in receipt of a personal budget for their care and support
- are directing their own care through their own individual budgets
- are funding their own care and support.
You can search the PA Register for PAs available in your area. The PAs registered here have been trained and DBS checked by Peterborough Council for Voluntary Services, giving you the assurance they meet our standards.
If you would like more information regarding personal assistants or about registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.