The Helping Hands Group provide a service for adults with learning and associated disabilities that offers a range of work skills/education/therapies and leisure based opportunities, focused on outcomes, achievements and independence.
The key purpose of the service is to provide a safe and inclusive environment to support young adults with learning/associated disabilities to develop their independence skills. From the onset the individual is assessed to see what skills they have and what area/levels of support they require to achieve their required outcomes. There are no time limits of when a person can attend the service, we provide a service from the age of 18+. Packages can be tailored to meet the needs of the individual and we pride ourselves on our ability to be flexible where necessary.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Suzanne Gilby
Where to go
- Charford House
Padholme Road East
- PE1 5XL
Wheelchair accessible, accessible toilets, accessible changing area, low stimulus environment, sensory room, accessible parking.
- Costs apply to attend the service and these differ depending on the type of service/support required. They are calculated on an individual basis. The person responsible for payment will be invoiced on a monthly basis. This can either be paid directly into our bank account (preferred option)/cash/cheque. Once an initial assessment has been undertaken by the manager and agreed time frame can then be worked towards the person starting the service, this will be dependent on staffing requirements: for example if the young person requires 1:1 support, supplied by THHG we will need time for the recruitment and training process to take place.
- Age Ranges
- The service is open to people from 18 years of age. There is no upper age limit.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Anyone can make a referral to use the service. This can be done in a number of ways:
Telephone: 01733 561000
Download a referral form from our website: www.thehelpinghandsgroup.org.uk
Programmes may include:
- Education/Independence- literacy/numeracy/personal social development/ICT/ communication/cooking/shopping/road awareness/travel training
- Work Opportunities – community based with theory based skills reinforced on site
- Social Enterprise Schemes – eBay shop, sandwich making, tuc shop
- Therapies- massage / jacuzzi / physiotherapy
- Leisure Activities- Bowling/wheelchair ice-skating/mobility and orientation
We work closely with family members and other professionals involved in the young person’s package. EG: if an individual has been assessed by a physiotherapist the staff at THHG will carry out any recommendations, once trained by the physiotherapist.
There are no time limits of when a person can attend the service, we provide a service from the age of 18+. Packages can be tailored to meet the needs of the individual and we pride ourselves on our ability to be flexible where necessary.
- Contact Name
- Suzanne Gilby
- Contact Telephone
- 01733 561000
- Contact Email
The Helping Hands Group
- Local Offer Age Bands
- 19 to 25 years