Child Development Centre
The Peterborough Child Development Unit assesses and manages children (0-5 years) who live in Peterborough city or north Cambridgeshire who have significant problems with development.
We are a team of specialist paediatric health and social care professionals including:
• Specialist paediatrician
• Occupational therapist
• Speech and language therapist
• Pre-school learning support teachers (Early Years Inclusion Service)
We have close links with many other professionals who work with children including hearing and vision team, children’s social care and portage.
What do we do?
• Assessment and investigation of children with significant developmental difficulties
• A detailed profile of a child’s strengths and weaknesses, and where possible, a diagnosis
• A tailored therapeutic programme to meet the needs of the child
• Work individually or in groups
• Support and information for children and their families
• Help families plan for their child’s future needs.
Who can refer?
• Other paediatricians
• Health visitors
• Other therapists
• Early Years Inclusion Service and Portage
• Social workers.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Child Development Centre,
City Care Centre
- PE3 6DB