What you've told us so far
We regularly publish feedback received. On the left hand side of the page can see the three most recent 'You Said, We Did' reports.
We also produce an annual report on the Local Offer and you can see the most recent annual report from September 2016 on the left hand side of the page.
Parent Carer Participation
Part 3 of The Children and Families Act 2014 requires Parent Carer Forums to be established in all local authority areas. Parent Carer Forums are representative local groups of parents and carers of children and young people with disabilities who work alongside local authorities, education, health and other service providers to ensure the services they plan, commission, deliver and monitor meet the needs of children and families. In Peterborough the local Parent Carer Forum is Family Voice
Family Voice Peterborough
Family Voice Peterborough is a local registered charity who are actively seeking to improve services in all areas of the lives of children and young people with disabilities or additional needs. They support parents and carers of children and young people aged 0—25 years with a disability or additional needs.
Family Voice Peterborough send parent reps and trustees to attend strategic meetings in relation to various strands of the SEND reforms.
The service they provide includes:
- Helping parents and carers engage with professionals across Health, Education and Social Care.
- Facilitating participation in service delivery.
- Providing a voice for parents at strategic level meetings
- Holding informative events
- Helping parents and carers have access to the information about what services are available to them.
- Signposting parents and carers to other agencies/ organisations who provide specific services that they do not.
To ensure parents and carers have a genuine influence in the shaping of services
- Facilitate participation in service delivery
- To raise awareness of unmet needs and ensure that parents and carers have the opportunity to raise issues and areas of concern
- To work in partnership with all other statutory and voluntary organisations
- To be a positive force to encourage and ensure that the local authority improves services for our children and young people
- To be the strategic consultative body within Peterborough representing families of children and young people with disabilities and additional needs
You can contact Family Voice by completeing their Contact form.
Family Voice Office Address:
Family Voice Telephone number: 01733 685510.
Contact A Family
Contact a Family have published their most recent parent carer participation webinars online, these can be found at the following links:
- Understanding and working with the health system
- Introduction to Parent Carer Participation
- CQC and Ofsted inspections
All other recorded webinars can be found on the Contact a Family web page along with training videos and the latest reports on parent carer participation.