What are day services for older people?
The Peterborough City Council’s Older People’s Day Service offers a safe and friendly environment for older people who might be finding it difficult to get out and about and need a bit of help and support.
The Peterborough day service takes place at the Cresset, Bretton Centre. It provides a safe and comfortable environment by well trained staff who support people with respect. Door-to-door transport with carers is provided as standard.
Coming to the day service can help people to stay independent and socialise. It offers a chance to enjoy some friendship while being well cared for. The day service is well equipped to help people with mobility issues, dementia or personal care needs. Attending the day service can also provide a much needed break for carers who live at home.
You can attend the service if you live in the Peterborough City Council area, are over 65 and have care and support needs. Individuals can attend one day or up to five days per week. Hot nutritious meals are provided each day.
How much you pay will depend on your personal financial circumstances. But it will not be more than what you can afford. A trial or ‘taster session’ are available at no cost to see how the day service can benefit you.
Many different activities are available at the day service. Each offering something for everyone depending on personal choice and individual abilities. Activities include:
- A chance to meet, chat and make new friends, and reminisce about old times
- A nourishing hot meal at lunch time, with tea, coffee, and soft drinks always available
- Gentle exercise, relaxation techniques, music, singing and occasional tea dances
- Quizzes and craft activities (painting, flower arranging) and a variety of entertainment
- Regular supported outings and trips out. Including local trips or further afield outings (such as the seaside, safari parks, boating trips)
To find out more, call Adult Early Help on 01733 747474. Or email: email@example.com