Local Offer Impartial Information Advice and Support

Family on the sofa

Impartial Information Advice and Support

Peterborough SEND Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) - which was previously know as the SEND Partnership Service - provides impartial information, advice and support to parents, children and young people on Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.   

You can find out more on the SENDIASS page.

SEND Guidance from the government

Parents guide

The Department for Education has produced a Parents Guide to the Special Educational Needs and Disability legislation.

They have also produced a Young Person's Guide to the Children and Families Act 2014.

These documents can be viewed below.

Parental guide

Young persons guide 

Support for parents and/or carers

Additional support and advice

Parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities sometimes need additional support and advice.

This might be for themselves, or to help them to get the best support they can for their children and young people.

You can find out more about support, advice and information that may be of use to you as a parent carer on our parent carer - Support, Advice and Information for Parent Carers and Carers (Local Offer) webpage.

You can find out more about support for carers of adults on our - Carers pages.

Support for military families

Service parents

Parents serving in HM Armed Forces can also access the Children's Education Advisory Service, an information, advice and support service established specifically for Service parents. It covers any issue relating to their children’s education, including special educational needs. 

'Forces Connect' - Mobile App

A new mobile app has been launched to signpost members of the armed forces community in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to support and advice in their area.

The free Forces Connect app is aimed at serving personnel, veterans, and their families as well as public sector organisations, who can now find local services and organisations offering support in just four clicks.

Having tested the app, John Phillips, Veteran and Coordinator for Project Nova said: “The app was easy to download and very easy to navigate. It provides in-depth information and links. I feel that it is a really good tool with everything a veteran would need. All in all, this is a really good app with everything you would need easily to hand”.

To download the app, search “Forces Connect” in Apple’s App Store or the Google Play Store.

Information for Young People

You can find out lots of useful information on our Young People's pages.

Complaints and Mediation

Resolving issues or areas of disagreement

Wherever possible, Peterborough City Council and its health partners will try and resolve issues or areas of disagreement by meeting and talking with those involved in supporting children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.

This includes not only parents and carers, but also children and young people themselves. However, we accept that sometimes it isn’t possible to reach a resolution without the help of a third party. This page provides information on seeking formal dispute resolution, including the use of mediation.

SEN Support in school

Understanding what extra support and help is available for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) is important to know.

This video explains it well SEN support in an educational setting - Peterborough


Special Educational Needs (SEN) support in an educational setting - Peterborough

Providers, Organisations and Services

  1. Money matters
  2. Housing
  3. Unemployment
  4. Legal advice
  5. Domestic violence
  6. Employment
  7. Support groups
  8. Independent SEN support
  9. Advocacy
  10. Direct Payments/Personal Assistants support
  11. Refugee support
  12. Disability advice and training
  13. Counselling
  14. Here to Help

Related Pages

  1. SEND Information Advice and Support Service - SENDIASS (Local Offer)
  2. Resolving disagreements about an Education Health and Care Plan (Local Offer)
  3. Compliments and Complaints (Local Offer)
  4. Hate Crime (Adults and Local Offer)

External Links

  1. Kids
  2. Family Voice Peterborough
  3. SCOPE
  4. Children's Education Advisory Service
  5. The NHS complaints procedure
  6. Clinical Commissioning Group complaints procedure
  7. Department of Education guides
  8. Make a complaint about the council


  1. SEND Partnership Annual Report 2021-2022

Related Services

  1. Targeted Support (Local Offer)
Skip back to top of page