General information about working in childcare
The Families Information Service can provide initial information about childcare careers and may be able to put you in touch with local teams who will be able to provide additional guidance, training and support. Call the Families Infomation Service on 01733 864446 between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday or click on the 'Contact us' at the top of the home page.
Current Job Vacancies locally
We publicise childcare job vacancies in Peterborough, please see the current vacancies links in Downloads (to the Right).
Becoming a Childminder
Peterborough City Council offers an Introductory Course for those wishing to become a registered child-minder. This introductory training provides childminders with the knowledge and skills they will require to begin their career as a childminder. It will help them understand and implement the legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) which is the mandatory framework for all early years providers.
You will be invited to attend an initial Briefing Session which sets out the legal requirements to childminding, the Ofsted Registration Process, course content, and the expectation to help you make an informed decision on if childminding is the right career for you.
Those wishing to continue to register as a childminder with Ofsted will then be required to attend an Introductory course which provides an understanding of all aspects of the EYFS, Observation and Assessment Skills, Child Protection and Paediatric First Aid.
Prospective and newly registered childminders will receive on-going support from our team of Early Childhood Specialists during the registration process and once registered with Ofsted.
For more information please contact Catrina Storey: 07920160228 or email@example.com
Opening Daycare Settings in Peterborough
For people thinking of opening or working in Day Care general information is available from the National Day Nursery Association.
For more information please contact the Early Years & Quality Improvement Team 01733 863953.
- SUNFLOWER SEED Preschool - Level 3 Childcare practitioner. 30 Hrs per week Mon-Fri. Please click for further information
- SUNFLOWER SEED Preschool - Senior Childcare Practitioner (Maternity Cover). 1 Year, Starting Jan 2024. Level 3 qualification. Please click for further information
- CAVERSTEDE NURSERY SCHOOL: ) Nursery Assistant (Grade 2 SCP 2): First Closing date for applications: 10am Tuesday 12th December 2023: Please contact us direct to enquire regarding further closing and interview dates: First Interview Date: Tuesday 19th December 2023: Starting Date: as soon as possible.
- CAVERSTEDE NURSERY SCHOOL: Early Years Assistant (Grade 4 SCP 3-5): First Closing date for applications: 10am Tuesday 12th December 2023: Please contact us direct to enquire regarding further closing and interview dates: First Interview Date: Tuesday 19th December 2023: Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Peterborough College: Nursery Nurse (Temp): For the full job description, person specification and information on how to apply for this job please go to – https://ieg.ac.uk/ieg-jobs/: Closing Date 17/12/2023.
- Peterborough College: Nursery Nurse (Maternity Cover) : For the full job description, person specification and information on how to apply for this job please go to – https://ieg.ac.uk/ieg-jobs/: Closing date 17/12/2023.
- Zig Zag Day Nursery: Bank Staff: To gain more information contact: Chelsea Richards 01733 569700
- Bretton Community Preschool: Preschool Practitioner: For an application form, job description and any further information please email Kirstien Lipscombe at Kirstien.firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01733 332344.
- Stepping Stones Day Nursery: Early Years practitioner with relevant level 3 qualification : For More information please contact: Emma Plant.01733 310381 Email email@example.com Or drop in a CV. We hope to recruit by December.
- Family Action: Sessional Play Leaders & Assistants for the HAF programme. Flexible hours during Easter/ Summer and Christmas school holidays, upto 20 hours. See attachment for more details
- The Woodland Rose Day Nursery: Level 3 Early Years Educator: For an application form or further information please contact Kirsty on 01487 209618 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Little Tigers Day Nursery: Bank staff/casual worker vacancy: For more information, please contact Little Tigers Day Nursery 01733 330630.
- Little Tigers Day Nursery: Nursery Practitioner level 3 or level 2 working towards a level 3: For more Information, please contact Little Tigers Day Nursery 01733 330630.
- Busy Bunnies Nursery: Breakfast and after school club practitioner: Closing date - enquire with nursery.
- Busy Bunnies Nursery: Nursery Practitioner (Minimum Level 2) - 37 hours per week, all year round (cover): Closing Date - enquire with nursery.
- Busy Bunnies Nursery PE1 3HA: Deputy Manager: Must hold at least level 3 and have previous supervisory experience: Closing Date - Enquire with nursery.
- Little Tigers Day Nursery: Nursery Chef: Please contact us to obtain an application form Little Tigers Day Nursery 01733 330630.
- Belize Day Nursery: Holiday Club Activity Leader: For more information enquire at the Nursery: 01733 891378: email@example.com
- Rise and shine day nursery: Level 3 Practitioner :Please contact via phone : 01733 330305: Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stars day Nurseries: We're recruiting across the Peterborough area for qualified Early Year Practitioners. Contact us at email@example.com or call 01733 309877
- Bee Bright Day Nursery: Level 2 or 3 Early Years Practitioners: A minimum of 2 years: Closing Day: Enquire with Nursery.
- Zig Zag Day Nursery: Nursery practitioner: For more Information contact the Manager: Chelsea Richardson: Chelseafirstname.lastname@example.org: 01733 569700
- Bee Bright Day Nursery: Apprenticeship: Closing Date: Enquire with Nursery.
- Busy Bunnies Nursery: Variety of roles available: To apply, please email: email@example.com
- First Steps Day Nursery - Nursery Practitioner. NVQ 2 or 3
- First Steps Day Nursery - Nursery Practitioner/ Assistant. NVQ 2 or 3, or relevant qualification.
- Toddlers Inn Day Nursery: Level 2 or 3 experienced practitioner: For more information please call Jo Darmanin (Owner) or Kerry Huster (Manager) on 01733 223990.
- Blackberry House Day Nursery: Nursery Nurse. For more information contact the Head office: 01945 589867. Closing Date - enquire with nursery
- Stars day Nurseries: We're recruiting for a level 3 Nursery Nurse: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Debbie on 01733 309877