As an extension of our successful Walking for Health Scheme we are delighted to announce our new Nordic Walking Scheme coming to locations across Peterborough
About Nordic Walking
Nordic Walking is a specific fitness technique where walking poles are used to propel the body forward, increasing the use of your upper body compared to regular walking. It can be done by anyone, anywhere, requiring no expensive equipment or clothing except the use of specially designed poles.
Nordic walking is unique in that it provides benefits for everyone from those who are super fit to those with specific medical problems and whatever age. There is no need to wear special exercise clothing, it can be done anywhere , its suitable for any age and any fitness level and its VERY sociable. All equipment will be provided FREE of charge.
• Tones the upper and lower body the same
• Uses 90% of skeletal muscles
• Burns 46% more calories than ordinary walking
• Great for the Heart and Lungs
• Reduces pressure on knees and joints
• Ideal for neck, shoulder and back problems
• Poles help to propel you along, making it easier to move faster than normal without feeling the effort
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- Time of day
- Session Information
Monday 9.30am – 11.00am Bushfield Leisure Centre
Tuesday 9.30am – 11.00am Werrington Leisure Centre
Wednesday 9.00am – 10.00am The Regional Fitness & Swimming Centre
Thursday 9.30am – 10.30am Hampton Leisure Centre
- All Vivacity gym members can enjoy Nordic Walking for FREE with non-members paying just £4 per session with FREE use of equipment.