The Peterborough Paediatric Speech and Language Therapy Service (SALT) assesses, diagnoses and provides treatment for a range of speech, language, communication and feeding difficulties in children and young people.
We can help and support children from birth to the end of secondary education who:
- are experiencing speech sound disorders
- have difficulties using or understanding language
- have difficulties with social communication i.e. body language, eye-contact, non-verbal communicatio
- need alternative or augmentative forms of communication eg, signing or symbols
- have a stammer
- have non-behavioural feeding and swallowing difficulties
These difficulties may be associated with other complex health needs or disabilities or may be occurring in the absence of any other difficulties.
Following an initial assessment we will recommend activities and decide the need for further interventions. These may take the form of:
- ongoing, regular, face-to-face therapy
- consultative support via school-based programmes
- parent training
Who to contact
Where to go
- City Care Centre
City Care Centre
- PE3 6DB
We hold clinics at a number of locations across the city. At some venues there is limited parking available and parking may involve a cost.
The service is available Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm. We usually carry out initial assessments in clinics across Peterborough. Further interventions may be offered in clinics, pre-school and school settings (including special schools) and sometimes in families' own homes.
We can refund transport costs for families who receive Family Income Support or Working Families Tax Credit.
Interpreters are available if needed.
- Age Ranges
- Referral required
- Referral Details
We have an open referral sysem and accept encourage referrals from all health and education agencies. We accept referrals for children meeting our eligibility criteria who live in the Peterborough City Council area and in Whittlesey and Yaxley.
- Local Offer Age Bands
0 to 5 years
5 to 11 years
11 to 19 years
- SEN Provision Type