Family Voice Peterborough
We are a small community group who on a voluntary basis are actively seeking to improve services in all areas of the lives of children and young people with disabilities or additional needs.
We are here for Parents and Carers of children and young people aged 0—25 years with a disability or additional needs.
The Service We Provide
- Help parents engage with professionals across Health, Education and Social Care.
- Facilitate participation in service delivery.
- Provide a voice for parents at strategic level meetings
- Hold informative events
- Help parents and carers have access to the information about what services are available to them.
Family Voice Peterborough have organised fantastic family day trips for families of children and young people with disabilities/ additional needs.
Caravan - (Sleeps 8)
Accessible caravan at Skegness Butlins
Bookings & payments directly with Family Voice Peterborough
Becoming a Parent Representative
Are you a parent carer? Do you have a desire to improve SEND services for all Peterborough parent carers? We are looking for new parent representatives to volunteer for us on an ad hoc basis, gathering the feedback of other parent carers, and reporting back to the board. There will also be the opportunity to attend strategic meetings and boards to work in co-production representing all Peterborough parent carers in service provision. Full training is provided and you would be initially buddied with one of our existing representatives, please do get in touch to find out more.
Hours are variable from as little as 3 a month to a day a week, depending on work you get involved with. Current opportunities exist in SEND meetings, on Partnership Boards (ASD and Carers), Health Boards (Mental and Physical) and other work streams.
Go to our Local Offer parent Participation webpage for details
Topics of importance
- Parents on Panel
- Information and communication
- Go to our Local Offer parent Participation webpage for details
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Family Voice Peterborough
- 01733 685510 01733 685510
- Scan to visit this website
- Parent Organisation
Where to go
- Family Voice
Goldhay Centre, 105
PE2 5QPView PE2 5QP on a map