Northborough Primary School
Our Vision: We are a welcoming and inclusive school offering a broad educational experience, inspiring children to achieve their best.
Welcome to our website. Northborough School is a friendly, one form entry primary school serving the villages of Northborough, Maxey and Deeping Gate, as well as attracting many children from the surrounding areas.
We believe in enabling children to develop a deep sense of curiosity and a real thirst for learning. This combined with self confidence and resilience, will equip them to take full advantage of the many experiences that are on offer. Our curriculum is exciting and well supported through our lovely orchard area, outdoor classroom, visits programme and enhancement activities. Our children enjoy their learning and are well prepared for each step of their development and education.
As a school we set ourselves target areas for success and improvement. We also believe in a strong set of Norbert's Way values which we live and breath throuhgout the school.
Quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- Quality of teaching over time is consistently good with expectations for outstanding
- Effective challenge and marking is evident in pupils’ work
- Effective working walls support, celebrate and extend learning
- Cold and hot formative assessments in maths and English underpin teaching and learning, as well as set targets for pupils
- Embed new strategy for maths including ‘Norbert Number time’
- Embed teaching and learning charter across the whole school
Effectiveness of leadership and management
- Subject Leaders across the school – subject scrutiny implement termly for core and termly for foundation subjects
- Ensure Senior Leaders strengthen their strategic role through focused learning walks against priorities
- Peer book scrutiny review every two weeks based on learning class charter
- Develop effective strategies for engaging and communicating with parents and the wider community (e.g. celebration assemblies, open events, learning journals)
- Further strengthen the effectiveness of the Governing Body to support and challenge the school and fulfil its statutory duties
Personal development, behaviour and welfare
- Pupil voice - pupils know their targets and what they need to develop in order to succeed
- Focus pupils’ attitudes to learning and facilitate independent learning
- Pupils take on responsibility and develop leadership skills – Develop Prefects
- Enhance pupils' social interaction and quality of 'play'
- Effective promotion of the school’s vision with children, staff and parents
- Attendance to be above 97%
Outcomes for Pupils
- Lower to middle attaining children achieving W (Working towards) are supported to ensure they achieve Age Related Expectations in reading, writing and maths
- Disadvantaged pupils make good progress in reading, writing and maths
- Raise standards in writing across the school – focus on grammar punctuation, and spelling and handwriting
- Transition from EYFS to year 1 - focus on writing and more-able groups
- Raise standards in reading across the school
Ofsted Report: view the ofsted report.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Northborough Primary School
- PE6 9BN
- Age Ranges
- From 4 years to 11 years
All of our staff are committed to the well-being and educational achievement of the children in our care. At Northborough School, staff receive regular training catering for a diverse range of special educational needs and disability requirements.
These have included sessions on:
* Dyslexia and Dyscalculia
* Autism and PDA
* Supporting pupils with Downs Syndrome Speech and Language
* Supporting pupils with behavioural difficulties
* Clicker 6 (program to support recording using a laptop)
* Supporting pupils with Cerebral palsy
* Safe handling
* Nurture and Attachment
* Epilepsy and Seizures
* Epipen and asthma training
* First Aid (some staff trained Paediatric First Aid)
* Supporting children with sensory issues
* Sensory circuits
* Precision spelling/reading
* New code of practice training
* Child protection update
* Hearing Impaired – Cochlea Implants
The school currently invest in the Support For Learning Service. Nicola Ward is qualified to assess and diagnose children with specific learning difficulties related to Literacy and Numeracy. She visits the school regularly to assess children, providing advice and support to teachers and parents.
We plan to undertake/update the following training/ disability awareness sessions(s).
* Working memory
* Safe Moving and Handling
- Contact Name
- Mrs Hussey
- Contact Telephone
- 01733 252204
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
- 5 to 11 years