Benefits of breastfeeding
It's never too early to start thinking about how you're going to feed your baby. But you do not have to make up your mind until your baby is born.
- your breast milk is perfectly designed for your baby
- breast milk protects your baby from infections and diseases
- breastfeeding provides health benefits for you
- breast milk is available for your baby whenever your baby needs it
- breastfeeding can build a strong emotional bond between you and your baby
Infant feeding workshops
Provides women and their partners the opportunity to learn more about breastfeeding. The sessions focus on the importance of building relationships, feeding cues and night feeds. Sessions are held in the evening
Contact: Infant Feeding Specialist Midwife: 01733 677219
Midwifery Breastfeeding clinics
Community based clinics dedicated to offering mums specialist support and advice if they have gone home but need a bit more help with breastfeeding (until the baby is 4 weeks old). The service is by appointment only and bookings are made by contacting the Midwifery Infant Feeding Team on 01773 677 219.
- Monday 09:30 - 14:30 Hampton Family Centre, PE7 8BZ
- Thursday 09:30 - 14:30 Eye Family Centre, PE6 7TD
Health Visitor Breastfeeding Clinic (no age limit)
This clinic also offers specialist breastfeeding support and advice by a trained expert. There is no age limit for mothers wishing to access this support. The service is currently by appointment only.
Friday: 12:00 - 15:00 City Clinic, Wellington Street (PE1 5DY)
For appointments/bookings telephone: 01733 777937