During the coronavirus outbreak Age UK Cambridgeshire & Peterborough have temporarily had to suspend or modify many services.
In summary they are as follows (in alphabetical order of the service):
Cambridgeshire Handyperson Service and Home Checks (Peterborough)
- Non- essential work suspended.
- Priority to support the Hospital Discharge Support Service. This includes: bed moves, fitting grab rails and key safes.
- Where possible telephone assessments taking place and triaged.
Community Wardens and Community Support at Home Services
- Home visits reduced to shopping and prescription delivery.
- Daily welfare contact calls being made.
- All Day Services currently suspended.
- Service users receiving regular keep in touch calls.
- All clubs now suspended.
- Volunteer club leaders are being supported and kept informed of developments.
- Members of Friendship Clubs being supported by keep in touch calls.
- Services have been suspended for general housework but this is being closely monitored and may in certain circumstances be resumed soon.
Hospital Discharge Support Service (A new 6 months contract for professional referrals only)
- Commencing on 1st April 2020 to support the NHS this service is an extension of the successful Winter Pressures (hospital discharge support) Service.
- Patients receive support for up to three weeks post discharge.
- Staff and volunteers support patient welfare on discharge, installation of safety equipment such as key safes, provision of food and vital needs, liaison with third parties and daily welfare checks.
Information and Advice
- Capacity increased to Helpline and now open 7 days a week. Weekday hours 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday and we are responding to messages from 10am to 2pm at weekends and bank holidays. Furthermore calls will be answered until 8pm by the national Helpline 7 days a week.
- Community Support Resource Information document produced and updated regularly giving details of local support available. This can be accessed on our website and via our Facebook pages.
- All talks and presentations suspended for the duration and will resume when we are better placed to deliver a risk free service.
- All home visiting contact has been stopped.
- Volunteers maintain contact by telephone, keep in touch calls, where possible.
- New referrals and introductions are suspended.
Shopping Service (Extended support from other services during outbreak)
- Priority service users identified (those who do not have next of kin, family/friends or a more local support group nearby who might be able to support them).
- Shopping completed online or doorstep deliveries facilitated. Payments can be taken in a variety of ways all aimed at protecting older people and our staff.
Visiting Support Service for Older People
- Regular telephone welfare checks to VSSOP service users.
- Remote support being undertaken wherever possible eg: to ensure that older people are able to access their benefits entitlement.
- All community hubs have been suspended.
For service users of currently suspended provisions, needs assessments have been completed, thus ensuring the relevant support is put in place – regular contact continues to take place to allow for identification of changing need and proactive intervention.
Due to the number of changes made to service delivery, staff and volunteers have been re-deployed to priority areas, where possible.
Who to contact
Where to go
2, Victoria Street
- PE16 6AP