Centre 33’s Young Carers Service
Centre 33’s Young Carers Service are launching bitesize workshops to support those working with young people in Cambridgeshire & Peterborough to understand more about Young Carers and how you may be able to help them.
The service aims to ensure that young carers have the same life chances, levels of wellbeing and voice as their peers by reducing the negative impact of their caring responsibilities. They know that you and your network can help them achieve this.
They will be running the following bitesize workshops for anybody working with young people in the Cambridgeshire or Peterborough area.
Perfect for staff meetings, school training or personal development; these digital workshops address key topics in a focussed way.
Lasting just 45 minutes, the live sessions will guide you through the common subjects young carers are telling them are important.
- What is a Young Carer & how do I identify them?
- The Role of a Young Carers Champion
- What makes a good Young Carers referral?
- Young Carers Groups – the what, the why, the when, the how.
- How Centre 33 supports Young Carers
- Supporting Young Carers through transitions
- Drugs / alcohol: Supporting Young Carers
- Young Carers & Bullying
- Mental Health: Supporting Young Carers
- Sibling Young Carers
You will find details about the individual session topics, times and dates on their web page Young Carers Awareness Raising & Training. The sessions run from 16 September 2021 to 29 November 2021.
All sessions are online events.
Who to contact