DP Service update
As a Disability charity we understand the Coronavirus pandemic is very worrying for people with existing disabilities. We want to reassure you that we are doing all that we can both to keep services running and to put together the latest and best information for you.
We provide free, independent and impartial information and support on the issues that matter to disabled people and their families.
If you are worried about your benefits our case workers are still working on your behalf and are the best place to ask for specific advice. They are up to date with the latest advice from the Department of Works and Pensions and will guide you accordingly. We are carrying out some home visits , and have put measures in place to protect both staff and service users, so please either ring us on 01733 265551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to provide a tailored service. All our staff will be remote working and our office at the John Mansfield Campus is now closed.
As an advice agency for disabled people we are happy for you to ring us with any queries you may have or to act as a listening ear, no problem is too big or to small, we are here for you.
You can be reassured that we are all working hard to provide you with a continued service and that you are not alone. If the phone lines are busy, then please leave a message and we will get back to you. As you can understand, this is a rapidly changing situation and we will do our best to keep you up-to-date.
Disability Peterborough is the only user led charity offering free confidential and impartial information and advice to physically disabled and sensory impaired people, carers and families. The charity is run by disabled people – for disabled people. The fully accessible services include;
- Specialist disability welfare rights service (from disability form completion to appeal case work and representation)
- Wellbeing calls service
- Advice line for any disability related query run by trained and experienced advisers
- Food shopping and home delivery service
- Access audits and disability discrimination work
- Handyperson service
- Specialist Multiple Sclerosis outreach service
- Community and Social Care advice
- Shopmobility (wheelchair and scooter loan and hire service - for new opening times please ring)
Advice and appointment line open Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm
Who to contact
Where to go
- Where to go (please ring before visiting)
The John Mansfield Centre
- PE1 4HX