We provide free, independent and impartial information and support on the issues that matter to disabled people and their families. With thanks to the National Lottery funding we are able to provide a wide range of services
If you are worried about your benefits our case workers are still working on your behalf and are the best place to ask for specific advice. They are up to date with the latest advice from the Department of Works and Pensions and will guide you accordingly. We are carrying out some home visits , and have put measures in place to protect both staff and service users, so please either ring us on 01733 265551 or email email@example.com and we will do our best to provide a tailored service. We will be carrying out a staged return to the John Mansfield Campus and seeing some clients from our offices, always with health and safety measures put in place to keep you as safe as possible.
As an advice agency for physically disabled people we are happy for you to ring us with any queries you may have or to act as a listening ear, no problem is too big or to small, we are here for you.
You can be reassured that we are all working hard to provide you with a continued service and that you are not alone. If the phone lines are busy, then please leave a message and we will get back to you. If you would like a copy of our newsletter then please let us know and we can arrange this for you.
Disability Peterborough is the only user led charity offering free confidential and impartial information and advice to physically disabled and sensory impaired people, carers and families. The charity is run by disabled people – for disabled people. The fully accessible services include;
- Specialist disability welfare rights service (from disability form completion to appeal case work and representation)
- Wellbeing calls service
- Advice line for any disability related query run by trained and experienced advisers
- Access audits and disability discrimination work
- Handyperson service
- Specialist Multiple Sclerosis outreach service
- Community and Social Care advice
- Shopmobility (wheelchair and scooter loan and hire service - for new opening times please ring)
Advice and appointment line open Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm
Who to contact
Where to go
- Where to go (please ring before visiting)
The John Mansfield Centre
- PE1 4HX