Action for M.E. empowers people with M.E. to fulfil their potential and secure the care and support they need, while working towards a greater understanding of the illness and ultimately a cure.
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.) is a long-term (chronic) fluctuating illness that causes symptoms affecting many body systems, more commonly the nervous and immune systems.
Many people with M.E. experience persistent fatigue or pain.
Caring, support & friendship for sufferers of ME (post-viral fatigue syndrome/CFS Chronic Fatigue Syndrome).
Action for M.E. produces a range of factsheets about the benefits available, including information on applying and, if necessary, appealing.
Action for M.E. is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
Fund raising for research & local group use.
Run ME book lending library. Local newsletter 'F.L.A.M.E' sent to members.
Members wheelchair loan.
Over 20 years experience with ME and running group.
Who to contact
Call 0117 927 9551 (Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm) or email our Information and Support Officer
- for information about M.E., symptom management and accessing appropriate health services
- to order our booklets, factsheets and articles, which cover a range of topics
- to find out more about Action for M.E. and what we do
- for signposting to other agencies that may be able to help if we are unable to do
Please note that we are not qualified to provide:
- counselling and emotional support
- advocacy (talking to a third party on your behalf)
- medical advice
- legal advice.
Where to go
- Action for M.E.
42, Temple Street
- BS31 1EH