CGL Aspire can help you to map out your own personal recovery journey to achieve your own personal goals. A duty worker can complete an assessment with you and refer you directly into the next Induction session to start your recovery. From here your treatment could include:
- Access to specialist prescribing and medically assisted recovery for alcohol and opiate misuse.
- Specialist services for stimulants, NPS (formerly known as 'Legal Highs') cannabis and hallucinogenic substance misuse including 1:1 appts, counselling and pod/group sessions.
- POW - Young Adults Service providing support for children and young adults under 18 to achieve their goals
- Support and treatment for families and children affected by parental substance miscue
- Support and treatment for those involved In the Criminal Justice System
- Healthcare Assessment and Clinics
- Alcohol detoxification
- BBV testing and Hepatitis B vaccinations
- Harm reduction information and access to needle exchange and Naloxone
- Advice and information regarding drugs / alcohol - how they work and the effects produced
- Foundations of Recovery group programme / podwork/targeted group sessions (ie. New into Treatment, Stuck in Treatment, Using on Top, Healthcare/BBV/Non-English pods).
- Access to mutual aid support with independent groups such as SMART Recovery and Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Opportunities to become a peer mentor or volunteer and, to get involved with the KRISP Service Users forum.
- Parent & Families and Carer support with the Butterflies Group.
- Complimentary therapies (eg. auricular acupuncture).
- Peer led activities - Breakfast Club, cooking group, coffee morning, IT suite with Breaking Free Online Recovery support
- Hub sites operating in ‘hot spot’ locations to make access to treatment easier.
- Referrals to other agencies and support networks to help build ‘recovery capital’.
What we do and how we do it
Aspire is available to provide support for those with substance misuse issues and support for their families and carers within the Peterborough area.
Dedicated staff offer support to the individual in achieving and sustaining recovery. Working with the service user the recovery worker will offer information, advice and guidance to develop an individual recovery plan with links to the local community. Groups and activities are also available at Aspire to assist service users in their recovery journey as well as links to mutual aid groups and longer term recovery support options.
Aspire offers- one to one support, medical prescribing, and detoxification as well as structured group work, structured and peer led activities and counselling.
Make an appointment
Clients can self-refer by walking in through the front door to be assessed by a duty worker. Clients will then be invited to attend the next Induction group. Once the client’s induction into the service and treatment is complete; the next 1-2-1, clinic, or pod/group session will then be booked.
Make a referral
Clients can self-refer by walking in through the front door to be assessed by a duty worker.
Professionals can contact us by phone or letter. You can also complete the Aspire referral form and return it to us by post, fax, or email.
If you can’t attend your appointment just telephone or drop into the service and speak to your key-worker. Explain to reasons for cancelling the appointment and reschedule the appointment if necessary. Please provide a current contact number if leaving a message.
Can’t attend your appointment?
Please call us on 01733 895624 or drop into the service and speak to your key-worker. Explain to reasons for cancelling the appointment and reschedule the appointment if necessary. Please provide a current contact number if leaving a message.
Who to contact
- CGL Aspire
Where to go
Aspire Treatment Services, 102-104
- PE1 1DY
Peterborough service: 10 minutes walk from Peterborough train and bus stations. City centre location close to Queensgate Shopping Centre. Located upon the same road as Peterborough Magistrates Court.
Limited parking for staff and visitors only.
Public car parking next door (£3 all day).
- Age Ranges
- 18 and over