To drive economic growth by facilitating effective partnership working between schools, training providers and businesses in order to develop the knowledge, aspirations and employability skills of young people.
- For businesses to fill skills gaps with aspirational and talented young people from their local area through employer engagements that we facilitate
- For young people to feel informed and inspired about the wide range of businesses, sectors and opportunities available to them by engaging in our events
- For local training providers to focus on the relevant skills to support the local economy using data gathered during our business interactions
Our core values define what we stand for at The Skills Service and how we work. They underpin everything we do.
At The Skills Service we value:
- Collaboration – building quality relationships, listening to needs and linking the right organisations together
- Innovation – encouraging new ideas and initiatives to help support our aims and objectives
- Respect – working hard to meet the needs of all audiences and always delivering when we have committed to do so
- Passion – feeling genuine satisfaction through inspiring young people and helping businesses
- Flexible – tailoring our service to meet the unique needs of each school or business
Peterborough Skills Service (PSS) was launched in 2011 by Opportunity Peterborough as part of its wider Skills Vision for the City.
The Vision set out to help new talent prosper, giving voice to the City’s businesses, education providers and funders of education to find out what shape they want the City’s skills agenda to take.
A concern voiced regularly by business through Opportunity Peterborough’s annual skills survey is the work-readiness of young people coming out of education at all levels and the appropriateness of their skill sets.
Over time we have adapted to the changing needs of both Schools and Business and now provide a fully virtual service across the UK.
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Skills Service (POSTAL ONLY)
Allia Future Business Centre
- PE2 8AN