What we do
The National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC) is the UK’s leading national charity offering support to adult survivors of all types of childhood abuse, including physical, sexual and emotional abuse and neglect.
We run a national support line for adult survivors of child abuse, free from UK landlines or mobiles: 0808 801 0331
Our website www.napac.org.uk has information and resources for survivors, professionals and anyone else who wants to support survivors.
We run support groups for survivors.
We train people who work with adult survivors, such as health professionals, police, the prison service, housing officers, addictions workers and many others. People’s needs are often not met by public services, due to fear and stigma around child abuse.
We advocate on behalf of survivors in the media and elsewhere.
- We believe that any abuse of children – whether physical, sexual, emotional or ritual, or the result of neglect – is damaging and wrong.
- We know that abuse in childhood can cause continuing harm to people as they grow up. The abuse they suffered years or even decades ago is ruining the lives of millions of adults today.
- We believe that every individual has the right to leave the impact of childhood abuse behind, grow as a person and enjoy a happy and fulfilled adult life.
- We know that survivors of childhood abuse can be empowered and supported to do just that: there are proven ways in which we and others can help them.
- Providing a range of services which offer direct support to survivors
- Ensuring that survivors know where they can go for help
- Spreading best practice in the support of survivors among those who they may approach for help
- Working with others to increase the provision and effectiveness of support for survivors
- Standing up for survivors and representing their interests among those who are in a position to help improve their lives
Charity No: 1069802
Who to contact