The Owls Nest Pre-School
This setting offers places for both 30 Hours Free Childcare and Free Childcare For Twos
We will be discussing what happens in the story, the main characters and how we think the Stick Man feels.
We will be making props linked to the story, collecting sticks from the school field and using them in lots of different ways e.g. painting with them, making marks in various different ways and building things with them.
In phonics we will be looking for rhyming words in the story and around preschool and finding the beginning sounds of our names.
In mathematics we will be comparing the sizes of the sticks we find (who's got the longest, shortest), comparing quantities (who's found the most) and counting them.
To help at home you could:
- Practise counting objects.. It helps to encourage your child to touch the objects when they count them.
- Read stories, remember to talk about the story afterwards and encourage them to join in with repeated phrases e.g. "Oh no it's the Gruffalo".
- Encourage your child to help put their own shoes and coat on e.g. they could pull the zip up once it's fastened at the bottom or fasten the Velcro on their shoes.
Ofsted Report: please click here to view the ofsted report.
Who to contact
Your child must book the same sessions each week for a term
Monday - Friday
7.45am - 9am
9 - 12am or 9am - 1pm 1pm - 3pm
All day 9am - 3pm
3pm - 6pm
Where to go
Peakirk-Cum-Glinton C of E Primary School
- PE6 7JW
- 2 year old funding
- 3 & 4 year old funded places (15 hours)
- Registered to receive 3 & 4 year old 30 hour funded places?