The programme engages and works with young people and adults with disabilities to increase their participation in sport. The scheme covers:
- School curricular activities, breakfast, lunch and after-school clubs
- Community Disability Sports Clubs including Peterborough Adapted Cycling Scheme
- Short Breaks programmes
- Supporting other sports clubs to set up sections for people with disabilities
- Paralympic Legacy creating more opportunities in a range of sports
Adapted Cycling Club
People who have mobility problems can come to any of the Peterborough Adapted Cycling Scheme (PACS) sessions and try out a range of specially adapted bikes, with both qualified cycling coaches and experienced disabled cyclists on hand to offer help and support.
We can cater for most ages and disabilities. Once you have found a bike that works for you, you have the option to become a member of the scheme.
“These adapted cycles are a brilliant facility, we hope to use them again in the future and would recommend them to other clubs and organisations. We are very grateful to Vivacity for all the help they gave us.” John Levesley – Phab Club
Who to contact
Where to go
- Peterborough Athletics Track
- PE1 5BW
- £3 / session