Gunthorpe Primary School
At Gunthorpe Primary School we strive to create an interesting, stimulating and friendly environment that enables each individual pupil to develop lively, enquiring minds while knowing that they can feel secure and valued and will develop his or her full potential. Within our pupils we aim to encourage a love of learning, the ability to question and argue rationally and a sense of purpose.
At Gunthorpe Primary School, we constantly strive to provide the best education that we can for our pupils. As a school, we define our aims as the following:
- To create an interesting, stimulating and friendly environment, where each individual can feel secure and valued and will develop his or her full potential.
- To help develop lively, enquiring minds that would encourage lifelong learning, the ability to question and argue rationally, to work with imagination and a sense of purpose.
- To encourage respect for religious and moral values, to be tolerant of the views of others, other religions, races and ways of life.
- To develop commitment to tasks, pride in achievement, diligence and the ability to make choices.
- To help use language and mathematics with confidence and to communicate effectively.
- To develop appropriate skills and to participate in scientific, creative and physical activities.
- To provide a broad balanced curriculum that provides practical experiences which develop a range of skills, the acquisition of knowledge and the opportunity for extended study.
- To encourage an awareness of the local environment and the wider world and of human influence on both.
- To develop an awareness of the importance of history and to help children appreciate human achievements and aspirations.
- To develop a sense of responsibility, self esteem, self discipline, self confidence and independent thinking.
- To establish an effective and constructive partnership between home and school.
Ofsted Report: view the ofsted report.
Who to contact
Where to go
Gunthorpe Primary School
- PE4 7YP
- Age Ranges
- From 4 years to 11 years
We support children with a range of needs in line with the 4 main areas of SEND; Cognition and learning, communication and interaction, social, mental and emotional health, sensory and/or physical needs.
These may include; autism, ADHD, speech and leanguage difficulties, dyslexia, dyspraxia, communication difficulties.
- Contact Name
- Mrs Emily Smith
- Contact Telephone
- 01733 571193
SEN Disability and Support