Hamerton Zoo Park is open all year around (Closed Christmas day & Boxing day), and tickets can be bought on arrival at the Park Entrance gate, or alternatively you can buy your tickets by post from our online shop if you would like your tickets before you visit, or to use as a gift.
Our mission is to provide a sanctuary for rare and unusual animals, where people can gain an insight into the conservation of the World's resources by:
- Giving our visitors an interesting and unique experience, at the best possible value
- Providing the best possible standards of animal management, using enclosures specifically designed around the needs of our animals
- Breeding rare and unusual animals in co-operation with other collections, individuals and organisations, both within the UK and abroad
- Educating all visitors, both in our work, and in the wider conservation of animals and the planets resources
- Using funds collected from our visitors and supporters to contribute, where possible, to field research and in-situ conservation projects
- Encouraging the use of the Parks animal collection as a research resource, on a case by case basis
- Promoting care for the wider environment, and where possible leading by example
- Achieving carbon-neutral status (or better) by the provision of renewable energy resources, to under-pin the parks commercial and species conservation work, educating and informing our visitors and the public about this in the process.
Who to contact
Where to go
Hamerton Zoo, 2
- PE28 5RE
At Hamerton Zoo Park as well as our wonderful collection of animals, there are a range of things to keep you busy.
Express Railroad Train
The train service runs from the donkey stables down to the new tiger enclosures. Provided the weather is dry, the train will be in service during weekends and everyday throughout the school holidays from Easter until the October half-term. Train rides cost £2.00 per person.
We also have 2 Play Areas, one for babies and toddlers and the other for older children. Both get a "thumbs up" from all that play.
Picnic and Gardens
The new covered picnic areas and gardens give you a great area to relax and enjoy the snacks and drinks served by our Coffee shop.
The gift shop sells everything from pencils to pictures. There's loads to choose from including a great range of plush animals to take home.
The Stroll-a-Safari allows you to get up close to our domestic animals and you can even feed some of them.
Why not treat yourself to a snack or afternoon tea and cake from our Coffee Shop.
Perhaps an ice cream or lollie pop?
We also sell a selection of hot and cold drinks, sandwiches and all kinds of snack foods.
We've got more planned...
We are continually improving and enlarging the animal collection and facilities. Our new and unique system of walkways will be expanded and will eventually serve the whole park.
There's always bigger and better things going on for Hamerton Zoological Park so come and see us, and keep your eye on the News page for all the latest improvements.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type Adult £11.95 per day Children (3-12 years inclusive) £7.95 per day Children under 3 FREE per year Senior £10.95 per day Registered disabled Adult/Carer* £10.95 per day
- For tickets and costs please visit the Hamerton Zoo Park Website. Sorry no dogs allowed in the park.
- Other notes
- Discounts are available for buying tickets online, or for pre-booked group visits, select a panel below for more information. Alternatively you can also download and print a 10% off voucher to bring with you on the day, just follow the steps below: •Complete the voucher form. •Print out the voucher which will be emailed to the address you provide. •Bring it along when you visit for 10% off the gate prices. Regular visitors to the park would benefit greatly from our Season Tickets. This gives you the ability to visit us as often as you like for the term of the ticket. Tickets can be purchased in any combination of Adult, Child and Senior Citizen.