British Red Cross
Support on discharge from hospital
If you're returning from hospital, we make sure you have everything you need for your first 24 to 72 hours back at home.
We may then provide up to 6 weeks of support depending on the level of help you need.
What help you will get
We'll assess your needs and help you decide what goals you want to achieve with our help. We can offer practical and emotional support including:
- transport home from hospital
- door-to-door transport for essential health-care journeys
- help with everyday tasks (for example, picking up prescriptions and shopping)
- rebuilding confidence
- help arranging for bills to be paid
- short-term use of a wheelchair and toilet aids.
Our volunteers receive full training to support you in meeting your goals.
Who to contact
- 01733 207113 01733 207113
- Scan to visit this website
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
You can be referred by someone else (such as a hospital, primary care trust or your GP) or you can contact your local service yourself.