is a national charity that provides practical advice and support about living with children with additional needs, and accurately signposts people to other organisations to get the other advice they need
- Finds and sells products that improve the lives of children with additional needs and their families
- Provides advice and support around these products
- We aim to have a wide range of different product solutions available to you that are practical, affordable and good quality
- We actively support the makers of helpful products to get their solutions in front of the people that need them
- We work with parents who have come up with novel ideas to solve a problem in their lives and who want to share this experience with others
- We will create or source bespoke products that may only make a difference to the life of one child
Who to contact
Where to go
- CB11 4LB
Fledglings is a national charity for disabled children founded by Ruth Lingard MBE in 1998 with the help of volunteers and parents. The charity grew as a result of parents who cared for a disabled child wanting information about products and equipment which may help them to help their child.
Listening to the lived experience of parents and children over the years, we also now provide a range of information, advice and guidance and remain true to Ruth's original idea as we continue to provide products that would have the greatest positive impact on disabled children's lives.
We work across the UK, via a small staff team supported by a group of dedicated volunteers. In addition to the helpline, we provide tens of thousands of families and organisations with our mail order brochure and a regular e-newsletter. Please visit our e-shop for more information on our products.
"Whatever we do as an organisation we must always remember that an individual child must be our focus of attention. Whether it's a simple phone call enquiry or a more complex discussion about a potential new solution, we exist to make childrens lives better." Andrew Gardner – Chief Executive
- Local Offer Age Bands
0 to 5 years
5 to 11 years
11 to 19 years
- Needs Level