Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Safeguarding Children Board
Safeguarding children is everyone’s responsibilityis to encourage the widest possible participation in the work of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Safeguarding Children Board.
The core objectives of the LSCB:
To coordinate what is done by each person or body represented on the Board for the purposes of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in the area; and
To ensure the effectiveness of what is done by each such person or body for those purposes.
As part of this, the board will:
- develop policies and procedures for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in the area of the authority
- raise awareness of how to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of what is done by partner agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- arrange training for staff who work with children, parents and families
- undertake reviews of serious cases and advising partner agencies on lessons to be learned.
You can confidentially talk to us or talk to one of the following independent organisations:-
Tel: 0800 1111
Tel: 08451 205 204
- The NSPCC
Tel:0808 800 5000
- National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS)
Tel: 0800 61 61 01
If you are concerned about a child
If you think that a child or young person is being abused or neglected in;
- Peterborough: 01733 864170 – (9am to 5pm Mon – Fri)
- Cambridgeshire: 0345 045 5203 – (8am to 6pm Mon – Fri)
- Outside office hours, at weekends and on public holidays contact the emergency duty team on 01733 234724.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org