Wizzybug is a fun, innovative powered wheelchair provided FREE of charge to young children in the UK by Designability a charity based in Bath.
Wizzybug is a powered wheelchair suitable for young children aged from 14 months with a maximum user weight limit of 20kg.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use, including “off-road”
- Easily adjusted without tools as your child grows
- Can be controlled by a joystick or switches, or by a carer control
- Can be taken apart for one person and can be transported in even a small car
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Wizzybug Loan Scheme Team
- Contact Position
- Wizzybug Loan Scheme Administrator
- 01225 824103 01225 824103
- Wizzybug loan scheme website
- Scan to visit this website
Who is Wizzybug designed for?
Wizzybug is designed for physically disabled children. This includes children living with cerebral palsy, spinal muscular atrophy, spina bifida or muscular dystrophy, as well as children with amputations or other conditions that affect their ability to walk.
Wizzybug is intended for pre-school children of minimum age 14 months and a maximum weight of 20 kg.
How can Wizzybug be used?
Wizzybug is an electrically powered wheelchair for indoor and outdoor use, with adult supervision. Children use Wizzybugs at home and at pre-school, and in outdoor spaces such as parks, gardens and playgrounds.
Wizzybug can be used every day or just occasionally, but is not intended to be used all day, every day. Through the loan scheme a child can have a Wizzybug for as long as it is suitable for them (usually until they outgrow it) when it is returned to Designability to be refurbished ready for another child to enjoy.
How can I apply?
Families can apply for a Wizzybug direct via the application on the website here.
Alternatively, please email email@example.com
Families on low-income who may need support with the cost of attending their Wizzybug appointment at our clinic in Bath can apply to our Access Fund for assistance.
Where to go
Wolfson Centre, Department D1
Royal United Hospital,
BA1 3NGView BA1 3NG on a map
Our clinic is fully accessible with disabled parking immediately outside. We also have baby changing and accessible toilets.
- Wizzybugs are provided completely free. All we ask is that it is returned to us at the end of the loan so that it can be refurbished and sent out to another family to enjoy.
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Families can self-refer by completing the application on our website here.
- Other notes
Wizzybug is suitable for children from 14 months until approx 5years old living with a range of conditions that affect mobility.
We are based in Bath, but can also provide Wizzybug appointments at our partner centres in Leeds and Larne, Northern Ireland.