Family health Champion Volunteer
The Family Health Champions Project will support families, pre or post diagnosis, of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic, motivated family support volunteers who can spare a minimum of 3 hours per week for a 6 month commitment. No qualifications are needed but previous experience with family work or personal experience in this field would be advantageous. This role would also suit someone who wishes to build professional development in the field of family work, or individuals who have a small amount of time to spare and wish to give something back.
- To provide emotional and practical support to families
- To have some understanding of ASD or ADHD
- To attend the appropriate training provided by Family Action
- To meet with families in their homes as well as community venues
- To support families to access services in the local community
- To report and record contacts with service users
- To uphold Family Action’s values
- To ensure you have an understanding (appropriate to your role) of, and comply with Family Action’s procedures for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and to report any safeguarding concerns to the project manger or senior practitioner
- To comply with Family Action’s Diversity & Equality Policy and our Ethical Policy in every aspect of your work and positively promote the principles of these policies amongst colleagues, service users, volunteers and other members of the community.
- To comply with Family Action’s Health and Safety Policy, Data Protection Policy and to protect your own and others’ health, safety and welfare.
Family action is a safer recruitment employer. Candidates will be subject to DBS checks and references will be required.
All applicants will be fully trained and regular supervision will be offered as part of this post.
- Own vehicle beneficial but not essential
Registered charity no: 264713. Registered company limited by guarantee in England and Wales no: 01068186
Who to contact
Where to go
- Family Action, Health Champions Volunteer
Early Years and Family Centre
- PE7 8BZ