Ormiston Peterborough South
Ormiston provides a range of support and services to children, young people and their families in and around Orton Goldhay and across the city.
The Orton's is a large housing development to the south of Peterborough.
Ormiston delivers services through all three Children's Centres in Peterborough South.
Ormiston offers a variety of support including:-
· Outreach support, including provision under the Children's Centres programme
· Social drop-in sessions for families at risk of isolation
· Learning opportunities for parents
· Childcare support and advice
· Signposting to other services
· Pregnancy testing/condom distribution (free for under 25's )
· Weekly sexual drop-in (term time only)
· Individual support packages
· Volunteering opportunities for local parents
· Joint home visiting with the local health team/other local agencies
· Parent Advisory Service for local Extended Schools Service, including sign-posting, parent groups and transition groups for pre-school and school age children
· Family Hurdles: project offers parents behaviour management advice for 0-13yrs
· Parenting courses/1-1 support
· Time 4 young people project: offers support for young people aged 12-16 with a parent or relative in prison
· 1-1 support/group activities are available
· Support to access services and integrate into the community
· Support in understanding of emotions and enable effective communication.
Mon-Thursday, 9.00am -5.00pm
Friday, 9.00am -4.30pm
Evening visits can be arranged and we work and deliver our services at all three Children's Centres in Peterborough South.
Look out for weekend events that are held during the year.
Who to contact
Where to go
- PE2 5SP