The Challenging Behaviour Foundation
Founded by Viv Cooper, parent of of a son with severe learning disabilities, the Challenging Behaviour Foundation (CBF) exists to demonstrate that individuals with severe learning disabilities who are described as having challenging behaviour can enjoy normal life opportunities when their behaviour is properly understood and they receive appropriate individualised support.
The CBF supports families, professionals and other stakeholders through education, information, research and partnership working and works strategically to influence national policy and practice on behalf of individuals who challenge and their families.
- To provide information, support and training to family carers and professionals caring for individuals with severe learning disabilities and challenging behaviour
- To demonstrate how local service provision for individuals with severe learning disabilities and challenging behaviour can be improved, and to actively facilitate such provision on a national basis
- To highlight the needs of those with challenging behaviour and to influence policy on their behalf
- To promote research into challenging behaviour associated with severe learning disabilities and to disseminate the results of such research so that practical benefits are gained
For general enquiries contact email@example.com Telephone 01634 838739
For information and support contact the Family Support Line on 0300 666 0126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Challenging Behaviour Foundation
c/o The Old Courthouse
New Road Avenue
- ME4 6BE