Action for Prisoners' Families
Action for Prisoners' Families (APF) works for the benefit of prisoners' and offenders' families by representing the views of families and those who work with them and by promoting effective work with families.
Action for Prisoners' Families is a membership organisation for prisoners' and offenders' families and those who work with them.
We work for the benefit of prisoners' and offenders' families by:
- Providing advice, information and training to our members.
- Providing our members with opportunities to network, to share experiences, concerns and successes.
- Listening to prisoners’ families and promoting, developing and supporting services and resources that they need or would like.
- Lobbying for improved structures, procedures, conditions and services that affect the well being of prisoners’ and offenders’ families
200,000 children are affected by the imprisonment of a parent every year - more than affected by divorce.
If you have a partner, child, friend or other relative in prison you will need to know what information and support is available to you, what you can do, and who can help.
Who to contact
- Ring the Offenders' Families Helpline on 0808 800 2222 (freephone - including mobiles Ring the Offenders' Families Helpline on 0808 800 2222 (freephone - including mobiles
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
Family Lives, Broadway House 15-17
AL9 5HZView AL9 5HZ on a map