Health Visitor Clinics
In your baby's early months and years, your health visitor will advise you about:
- Your baby's physical and emotional development
- Baby weighting
- Helping your baby learn good sleep habits
- Healthy eating for you and your baby
- Coping with minor illnesses
- Your baby's immunisations
- Breastfeeding your baby
- Any concerns you may have about your health or your partner's health
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Child Health Services
- Age Ranges
- Referral Details
The team accepts referrals from all GPs in the Peterborough catchment area of NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough as well as notification of new referrals via the new birth notification system. They also accept referrals from Children's Centres, midwives and social workers.
This is a universal service and parents can contact direct via telephone or letter.
The team provides services for all children from 0-5 years old and their parents/carers who are registered with a Peterborough-based GP. It works closely with the school nursing service for school-age children to help manage the transition into school and optimise health and promote learning through well-being and inclusion.