Help for carers from Caring Together
Caring Together is a network partner of Carers Trust and has grown significantly over the past ten years, providing more services and more help for family carers and their families across Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Norfolk.
In 2016-17, Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk provided over 59,500 individual breaks for carers of adults, young carers and families of children with disabilities.
We are the leading local fully Care Quality Commission compliant organisation providing respite care specifically for family carers.
We help family carers through:
- quality respite care so they can leave their loved one to go shopping, go to the hairdressers or just have a rest, company, outings and personal and social care
- groups for all ages, including carers groups, young carers and short breaks for disabled children and young people, including those with autism and ASD.
Additionally Caring Together offer care at home or in the community. There are many reasons why people need care. For many, there is an assumption that this means residential or hospital care. But many people receive the care they need from the people who love them at home in their own familiar surroundings. At times, people may need some extra help with care or accessing the community, and Caring Together can provide it.
We provide this care for people of any age and for people with almost any condition or disability through our caring, compassionate, well trained and professional Care Workers like Jennifer, Sarah and Michal. As Michal would say, they “have big hearts” and this is what makes all the difference to the people that they care for.
Whether you are looking for care for a disabled brother or adult with multiple needs, an elderly or frail Mum or Granny, a wife with cancer or a Daddy who needs palliative care, there is a lot we can do to help.
It also makes a huge difference to the Mum, Dad, Granny, Grandpa, sister, brother, son or daughter to who is there in the home every day, making sure that everything is as right as it can be.
Who to contact
Where to go
Thorpe Hall, Thorpe Road
- PE3 6LW
- Other notes
During the coronavirus outbreak we offer a range of support for carers and people they care for including:
- Providing information, advice and guidance by telephone, email and our website.
- This includes information about specific local services carers can benefit from
- Offering our Listening Ear and telephone support service.
- Supporting and connecting carers by video meet-ups, phone calls and email (instead of the usual hubs and groups).
- Help to plan for the unexpected.
- Immediate support in a crisis.
- Homecare and other support such as food shopping or collection of medication by care workers.
Caring Together offers special needs child care in Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Norfolk helping children and young people aged from 0-19 with a variety of physical and learning disabilities.
Our work with children and their families is centered on the child/young person and aims to promote their independence and inclusion and to help them develop life skills.
We help children and young people who have:
- Complex needs
- Sensory needs
- Physical needs
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Life-limiting conditions
- Other needs.
We offer 1:1 support in the home and community including:
- accessing community facilities
- promoting independence
- personal care
- specialist tasks
- Local Offer Age Bands
0 to 5 years
5 to 11 years
11 to 19 years