Skip to main content

Peterborough City Council Disability Social Care 0-25 Service

Children and young people with a disability are supported on a smooth and clear pathway to adulthood which provides stability and is aspirational.

Flexible Person Centred Services and Support are integral within the team's practice offering children, their families and young people more choice and control.

Young people will be supported into appropriate housing with care options, employment, education and day time occupation options.

Children, young people and families who do not meet eligibility criteria receive effective support via signposting.

Assessment, planning and intervention are integrated to provide a continuous, consistent and appropriate service for children and young people with a disability. Families will also experience a smoother pathway reducing stress levels, bureaucracy and the number of professionals involved.

Telephone contacts

0345 045 5203 (8-6pm Monday to Friday) - Cambridgeshire 

01733 864170 or 01733 864180 (8-6pm Monday to Friday) - Peterborough 

01733 234 724 (out of hours)

For Over 25's 

Contact Adult Social Care or Adult Early Help

Telephone 01733 747474

For information on direct payments view the Money and Benefits (Local Offer) webpage


Who to contact

Contact Name
Children's Social Care

Other Details


Age Ranges
0-2; 3-4; 5-7; 8-11; 12-15; 16-19; 20-25

Local Offer


Accessing transition support

Young people with a disability aged 14 to 25 and their families can be referred to
Childrens' or Adults Social Care for an assessment of their needs as part of planning their transitions pathway, if they are not already known to the service through social care support as a child.

Every young person with a disability and their parents and carers will be offered information and advice about the range of universal support services available in the local area. This will also include guidance on accessing community and voluntary sector support services.

If a young person with disabilities, young carer or an adult caring for a child (a “child’s carer”) is likely to have needs when they, or the child they care for, turns 18, the local authority must assess them if it considers there is “significant benefit” to the individual in doing so.