Adults Information Sheets - Information to help you stay independent, safe and well

lady reading document

Information to help you stay independent, safe and well

If you need a version of any document in a more accessible format, please contact us. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Please note all our information sheets are easy to print.

This page includes the following Information Sheets:

Home Service Delivery Team

The Home Service Delivery Team includes teams from Adult Social Care and Housing. It focuses on helping you stay safe and independent in your own home for as long as possible. The team considers the condition of your home and your ability to carry out daily tasks. The service brings together:

  • Reablement
  • Therapy Services (including sensory impairment and assistive technology)
  • Care and Repair Home Improvement Agency
  • Housing Programmes

Assistive Technology (Technology Enabled Care)

Assistive Technology or Technology Enabled Care refers to technology devices and applications that can support you with your care and allow you to remain living independently for as long as possible.


Reablement offers short-term support to help you increase your independence at home. For example, you may need help at the moment with your personal care or to prepare meals.

This information sheet also describes how the team keep your information safe.

Assessment and eligibility

Many people are able to stay safe, well and independent without help from Adult Social Care. Equipment, technology, and community support can provide you with the help you need.

If you have tried other ways to stay independent but still need extra help, you can ask for advice from the council. We may suggest that you have a social care needs assessment. This assessment looks at your strengths and needs, to identify what support you may need.

Planning your care and support

You will first discuss your eligible needs and outcomes with your social worker. A care and support plan will then explain how to achieve these outcomes. 

It helps you think about what support, if any, you may need and how to arrange this support to help you.

What happens if you need care and support when you leave hospital?

Going into hospital can be a worrying time for people and their carers/ family members. Thinking about what will happen when you leave hospital is important. You will need to consider if you will need ongoing care and support and, if so, how you will pay for it. Social care is chargeable for people based on their own financial circumstances.

As soon as you arrive in hospital, doctors and nurses start to plan for when you leave. If it is likely that you will need help when you leave, staff at the hospital will talk to you about your options.

How to make a compliment, comment or complaint about Adult Social Care

Let us know if we have provided you with a good service, or if you have any suggestions on how we can improve.  We accept that we do not get it right all the time and when things go wrong we want to hear from you, so that we can put it right. Complaints and comments are important in helping us improve.

Your social care records and your rights

This document describes how Adult Social Care handles information about you. It also explains who else may have access to your information and how you can request to see it. 

Related Pages

  1. Information and Advice (Adults)
  2. Reablement (Adults)


  1. Home Service Delivery Team
  2. Compliments, Comments and Complaints about Adult Social Care - May 2022
  3. Reablement 2023
  4. Your information and your rights 2023
  5. Assessment and eligibility September 2023
  6. Planning your care and support September 2023
  7. What happens when you leave hospital September 2023
  8. Assistive Technology (Technology Enabled Care) SEp 23


Skip back to top of page