The purpose of the Local Account is to provide information on where Peterborough City Council Adult Social Care are doing things well, where we and our partners think we can improve and how we are planning for the opportunities and challenges ahead. The Local Account is regularly updated.
It includes feedback that we have received through surveys carried out and updates on priorities co-produced with our Adult Social Care partnership boards and other experts by experience groups/networks.
Co-producing a vision for Peterborough
We are committed to co-producing a vision for Peterborough residents health or social care needs. Key to this is our system wide co-production commitment supported by Sun Network, embedding the core principles of Making It Real.
Introduction from Stephen Taylor, Executive Director of Adult Social Care and Commissioning
Welcome to the Local Account for Peterborough. Having joined Peterborough as the Executive Director of Adult Social Care in June 2023, this is my first time introducing the Local Account. I am delighted to have joined Peterborough at such an exciting time. Peterborough is the third fastest growing city in England.
Having recently reestablished a dedicated Adult Social Care service for Peterborough, I think there are lots of opportunities for us to work with other parts of the council such as Housing and Communities to deliver our priorities. These include:
We will support and care for our older residents and our residents with long term care and support needs
- We will make sure that transitioning between health and social care services is seamless and works well
- We will enable a range of options for support and maximise the choice and control that people have in their day to day lives
- We will work with our expert users to make information and advice available to all
We see safeguarding of our most vulnerable residents as a priority
- The young and adults at risk are safeguarded in the context of their families, peers, schools and communities
- Our children, young people and their communities benefit from a whole system approach to tackling the impact of crime
- We have zero tolerance to domestic abuse